The banking system is rapidly evolving, with debit and credit cards becoming increasingly widespread. Nobody wants to pay in cash nowadays; they prefer the ease of a debit card or a payment app that takes up little room in their wallet and for that, one must have to Activate a Cash App Card first
It is a simple process that can be done on both mobile and computer devices. In this article, we will provide a step-by-step guide on how to activate your Cash App Card on both your mobile device and computer.
What is Cash App Card?
A cash App card is a Visa debit card that is linked to your Cash App balance. It allows you to use the funds in your Cash App account to make purchases or withdraw cash from ATMs.
How To Activate Cash App Card On Mobile
Use The QR code To Activate Your Cash App Card:
- Open the “Cash App” phone app.
- Select a cash card icon. It’ll be on the left corner of the Cash App’s home screen.
- There will be a drop-down menu. Then, select “Activate Cash Card.”
- Cash App will request permission to access your phone’s camera.
- This is required in order to scan the unique QR code, thus you must allow permission.
- Set your camera’s focus on the QR code you were given and scan it.
- After scanning the QR code, your card should be ready to use.
Activate Cash App Card Without QR Code On Mobile :
- On your mobile device, launch the Cash App.
- Tap the “Cash Card” tab on the home screen.
- Tap “Activate Cash Card” on the Cash Card screen.
- After that, the app will walk you through the activation procedure. You will be asked for basic information such as your name, address, and birth date.
- After entering your information, you will be prompted to photograph the front and back of your Cash App Card. This is to confirm that you are the owner of the card.
- After snapping the images, hit “Activate” and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will be able to use your card to make purchases and withdraw cash from ATMs after it has been activated.
How To Activate Cash App Card On a Computer
- Browse the Cash App website in your web browser.
- Access your Cash App account.
- Once logged in, select the “Cash Card” option.
- Click “Activate Cash Card” on the Cash Card screen.
- After then, the website will walk you through the activation procedure.
- You will be prompted to provide the same information that you did on the mobile app, such as your identity, residence, and date and place of birth.
- You will be requested to upload an image of both the front and back of your Cash App Card after inputting your details. This is to confirm that you are the owner of the card.
- After you’ve uploaded the photographs, click “Activate” and follow the on-screen instructions.
Remember that in order to activate your Cash App Card, you must first have a validated Cash App account. If you have not yet validated your account, you must do so before activating your card.
Activating a Cash App Card is just a straightforward process that can be completed on both smartphones and desktop PC. Whether you choose to use your mobile device or a computer, the activation procedure is simple and can be done in a matter of minutes. Having your Cash App Card enabled, you may use it to purchase things and make withdrawals from ATMs with ease.
If you are still facing issues with activating your Cash App Card you could seek assistance from Cash App Help Center