Navigating through your favorite content on the renowned streaming platform, Netflix can become a tad bewildering if the language displayed isn’t your mother tongue. This predicament could arise from several scenarios – an accidental language switch, a shared account, or even the need to change the default language. No matter what the reason, it’s crucial to learn how to change the language settings on Netflix. This comprehensive guide will show you how to adapt the language on Netflix across multiple platforms, thereby helping you tailor your streaming experience.
How to Change Language on Netflix?
Changing the language settings on Netflix remains consistent across different computers, whether you’re using a PC, a Mac, or a Chromebook. To modify the Netflix language, follow these steps:
Time needed: 3 minutes
- Navigating to the Netflix Website
Begin this process by heading over to the official Netflix website. The website is user-friendly and easy to navigate, ensuring a smooth process for any alterations you may wish to make.
- Signing into Your Netflix Account
If you’re not automatically logged in, proceed by entering your credentials manually. Your Netflix account holds your personal preferences and custom settings.
- Accessing Your Profile
Once logged in, you’ll see your profile icon situated at the top right corner of your Home screen. Clicking on this icon opens a dropdown menu that provides several options to customize your account.
- Selecting the ‘Account’ Option
In the dropdown menu, proceed to click on ‘Account’. It’s the option available right after a line break, even if the language appears foreign. This selection redirects you to your Account page.
- Navigating to ‘Language’ Settings
On your Account page, scroll down to the ‘My Profile’ section. Here, locate and click on ‘Language’, which can be found just below your profile picture. This option opens a screen dedicated to language settings.
- Selecting Your Preferred Language
A list of language options will be displayed, each in its respective script. From this list, select your preferred language. It’s an inclusive feature that supports multiple languages for a diverse user base.
- Saving Your Changes
After selecting your desired language, finalize your changes by clicking on ‘Save’. Once this is done, your account screen should now display the newly selected language, enhancing your viewing experience and navigation ease.
Modifying Subtitles and Audio
- Firstly, go to the Netflix website.
- Log in to the account whose language settings you wish to change.
- Select a show title from the home screen and click it. Allow the show to play.
- Click on the Pause button, situated at the bottom left of the screen.
- Hover over the menu bars and click on the subtitles icon at the bottom right, which resembles a word balloon.
- Finally, choose your preferred audio and subtitle settings. Please note that the available languages depend on both the show and your profile language settings.
Change Language on Netflix App
Changing language settings on Netflix’s mobile app is an easy task. Here’s how you can switch the default language of Netflix for Android:
- First, ensure you have an internet connection, then open your Netflix mobile app.
- Sign in and select the profile with the language settings you wish to amend.
- You’ll spot a More Options menu, represented by an icon with three lines, at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Here, tap on Account. If the language has left you puzzled, fear not, it’s the second option just below a line. Above that line, you’ll find the My List option, distinctively marked with a checkmark.
- This action whisks you away to your Netflix account page. As you journey to the bottom of the screen, you’ll notice all available profile icons. Tap the dropdown arrow adjacent to the profile you want to modify.
- Spot the Language option and tap on Change. It graciously positions itself as the second item on the dropdown list.
- Finally, a banquet of language options await you, each served in its unique script for your convenience. Identify the language that suits your taste.
Change Subtitles and Audio
To change subtitles and audio settings, abide by the following instructions:
- Firstly, launch your Netflix mobile app and log into the profile in question.
- Pick any title from the cornucopia of available content and tap on Play.
- As the video begins its performance, hit Pause.
- Locate the Audio and Subtitles icon. It’s often depicted as a word balloon image.
- A quaint options screen appears with separate tabs for both audio and subtitles. Make your choice, and then tap on Apply.
Modifying Language Settings on a Roku Device
Your Roku device synchronizes language changes made on your Netflix account via the website. Here’s how to customize subtitles and audio:
- Firstly, press the Home button on your remote to reach the Roku Home screen.
- Navigate through the side menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to find Accessibility.
- Choose Captions preferred language.
- Finally, pick your desired language from the list.
Tweaking Netflix Language on Firestick
Just like Roku, Netflix settings on the Firestick can be adjusted through the website. Here’s how to tweak the local Firestick subtitle options:
- Firstly, play any video.
- Press Menu on your Fire TV remote or Fire TV app.
- Choose Subtitles and Audio. From the Subtitles and Captions menu, select Off.
- Several language options will appear. Choose your preferred one.
- Press Menu again. Your video should now play in the selected language.
Altering Language Settings on Apple TV
Apple TV, similar to other streaming devices, reflects changes made on the website. To adjust the subtitles on your Apple TV, do the following:
- Reach your Apple TV Home Screen.
- Navigate to Settings.
- From the options, choose General.
- Click on Accessibility.
- Depending on your Apple TV model, select either Closed Captions + SDH or find this option under Subtitles and Captioning.
- Customize the subtitle settings to your preference and navigate out of this screen once done.
More from us:
- Steps to Unsubscribe and Delete Your OnlyFans Account
- Confronting the ‘Challenge Required’ Instagram Error: A Brief Guide
If you’re an avid globe-trotter immersing yourself in a wealth of cultures, or someone looking to polish your linguistic prowess, tweaking Netflix’s language settings is a task you can execute effortlessly across various platforms. The key lies in understanding your device’s nuances, and before you know it, you’ll be navigating through a multilingual Netflix adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Netflix allows language alteration on various platforms including PC, Mac, Chromebook, Android, Roku, Amazon Firestick, Apple TV, and Smart TVs.
While Netflix boasts a broad spectrum of languages, not all shows support all languages. The availability depends on the show itself and your profile language settings.
Yes, Netflix provides the option to change both audio and subtitles language. You can adjust these based on your personal preference.
Generally, yes. Changes made on the Netflix website typically reflect across all devices connected to your Netflix account.
Yes, Netflix allows you to set individual language preferences for each profile on your account, catering to the linguistic needs of all users.