Experiencing the “Confirm form resubmission on refresh” error during form submission can be exasperating, as it can result in the potential loss of entered data. This glitch arises when the information in the form fails to reach the destined server. This could stem from issues at your end, such as erratic internet connectivity, or complications on the server side of the website, such as delayed data processing or incompatible data expectations. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore effective solutions to fix the “Confirm form resubmission on refresh” error and ensure a smooth form submission process.
How to Fix Confirm Form Resubmission?
Time needed: 2 minutes
- Check browser session:
One possible reason for the error is an issue with the browser session. Ensure that you are not using an incognito browsing window, manually refreshing the form after submitting it, or having any apps or extensions that may interfere
- Clear browser data and resubmit:
Sometimes, the error can be due to a server overload caused by a high number of form submissions. While waiting for the server load to decrease, you can try clearing your browser data
- Disable browser extensions:
Browser extensions can sometimes disrupt the session and form submission process. If you suspect that an extension is causing the error, disable all installed extensions in your browse
- Fix for website admins:
If you have the ability to edit the form’s code, there are two possible fixes. , ensure that you are using the appropriate method (POST or GET) for submitting the form
You can find the details of the above methods below:
Check Browser Session
- Ensure you are not using an incognito browsing window.
- Avoid manually refreshing the form after clicking on submit/send.
- Disable any apps or extensions that may interrupt the session, such as VPNs, network traffic monitors, proxies, or user agent switchers.
- Consider using a different browser, like Chrome or Opera, if the error persists. Switching to a desktop browser from a mobile browser can also help resolve the issue.
Confirm Form Resubmission: Clear Data
- Firstly, clear browsing data, including cookies and cached files, in Chrome or Firefox.
- In Chrome, open the browser, click the more options button at the top right, select Settings, and go to Privacy and Security.
- Click Clear browsing data, select Cookies and other browsing data, and Caches images and files. Finally, click Clear data.
- In Firefox, open the browser, click the more options button at the top right, select Settings, go to Privacy and Security, click Clear Data, select Cookies & site data, and Cached Web Content.
- Finally, click Clear Data and restart the browser.
- Afterward, submit the form again.
Confirm Form Resubmission: Disable Extensions
- Firstly, disable any browser extensions that may interfere with the session or form submission.
- In Chrome, open the browser, click the more options button at the top right, select More Tools, and choose Extensions. Turn off the switch next to each extension.
- In Firefox, open the browser, click the more options button at the top right, select Add-ons and themes, and disable each add-on by turning off the switch next to it.
Website Admins Fixing the Error
POST vs GET
PHP forms can submit data using either the POST or GET method. Switching from POST to GET can eliminate the “Confirm form resubmission on refresh” error, except for cases where the POST method is necessary (e.g., password reset fields).
Disable Confirm Resubmission in Browser
Browsers have their own form checks that can trigger the error. By using an AJAX form, you can force the page to bypass the browser’s check. This allows you to continue using the POST function without switching to GET.
More from us:
- How to Fix PFN LIST CORRUPT in Windows 10 (BSOD)?
- Embracing the Challenge of Tridle Game: A Triple Wordle Spin-off
In conclusion, encountering the “Confirm form resubmission on refresh” error often indicates an issue with refreshing a form before submission or server-related problems. If the error appears when you submit a form, it is likely beyond your control to fix it. However, by following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide, you can increase the chances of resolving the error and ensure a smoother form submission process.
Frequently Asked Questions
This error occurs when the form you submitted failed to send the information to the intended server.
Check your browser session and ensure you’re not using incognito mode or manually refreshing the form after submission.
If the error continues despite attempting the above fixes, it may indicate a problem with the website’s server. In such cases, it’s advisable to contact the website administrator
Website administrators can address this error by reviewing the form code and ensuring the correct implementation of the POST and GET methods.
Yes, it is possible by utilizing an AJAX form. This approach allows you to use the POST method while avoiding the “Confirm form resubmission on refresh” error.