Dark Mode has become a preferred choice for many users, especially those who often experience eye strain or glare issues. If you want to enhance your viewing comfort by enabling dark mode in Microsoft Office, this comprehensive guide is tailored just for you. Compatible with both Windows and Mac, dark mode Microsoft Office adds a sleek, eye-friendly twist to your work environment.
What is Dark Mode and Its Benefits?
Dark Mode is more than just a trendy feature; it has real benefits that enhance user experience, especially in frequently used platforms like Microsoft Office. Here’s why you might consider using dark mode in Microsoft Office:
- Eye Comfort: Dark Mode’s softer shades reduce eye strain, especially during long hours of work.
- Energy Efficiency: On OLED screens, Dark Mode consumes less power, contributing to energy savings.
- Glare Reduction: By decreasing bright whites and harsh lights, Dark Mode minimizes glare, making it easier to read and focus.
- Aesthetic Appeal: Many users find Dark Mode’s sleek, modern appearance visually pleasing, offering a fresh look to their work environment.
- Sync with System Theme: Dark Mode can align with your system’s theme, creating a consistent visual experience across applications.
By understanding what dark mode is and recognizing its many benefits, you can make an informed decision on whether to enable dark mode Microsoft Office, ultimately elevating your workspace experience.
How to Enable Dark Mode in Microsoft Office?
Time needed: 2 minutes
- Desired Office Application
Start by opening any Office app, then navigate to and click the File tab.
- Navigate to Account Settings
On the left-hand pane’s bottom, click “Account” to proceed.
- Preferred Theme
Under “Office Theme,” click the box to reveal several theme options. The “Black” option provides a true dark mode. If it’s too intense, you can opt for “Dark Gray.” For automatic updates to match the system setting, select “Use System Setting.”
- Enjoy Your New Theme
All Office apps will now be in dark mode or the theme you selected. This transformation not only refreshes the look but also eases your eyes.
Enable Dark Mode in Office for Mac
Unlike Office for Windows, Office for Mac lacks a built-in theme feature. But worry not, as you can still relish the dark mode by altering your system’s theme settings.
- Activate Spotlight Search: Press Cmd + Space and type “System Preferences” into the search box, then click the result.
- Navigate to General Settings: In the System Preferences window, click “General” at the top-left corner.
- Choose the Dark Theme: Next to “Appearance” at the top of the window, select “Dark.”
- Experience Dark Mode in Office: Your system theme is now dark, so the next time you open an Office application, it will harmonize with this theme, bringing a soothing visual experience.
More from us:
- Mastering the Blast Furnace in Minecraft: A Comprehensive Guide
- Maintain a Persistent ‘Teams Status Green’ on Microsoft Teams
With the steps outlined above, enabling dark mode in Microsoft Office is a simple task. Whether you prefer the elegant black theme or the softer dark gray, this guide has shown how easily dark mode Microsoft Office can be a game-changer in your daily tasks, boosting your comfort and productivity. Why wait? Illuminate your work experience in a new, visually appealing way today!
Frequently Asked Questions
No, dark mode is only available for Office 365 subscribers and certain Office 2019 editions.
Yes, you can choose between “Black” and “Dark Gray” in Office for Windows.
In Office for Mac, dark mode is activated by changing the system theme to dark.
For Windows, the change only affects Office apps. On Mac, it alters the system theme.
Many users find dark mode easier on the eyes, reducing strain and glare issues.