Netflix is one of the most popular platforms for streaming movies since it provides users with a varied variety of movies, television episodes, documentaries, and other types of material. Canceling your Netflix membership is a straightforward procedure that can be performed in a matter of minutes, whether you want to save money or don’t have the time to watch as much material. This article will lead you through the procedures required to cancel your Netflix subscription and demonstrate how to do it.
How to Cancel Netflix Subscription
Here are the steps:
- Log in to Your Netflix Account
- Go to Account Settings.
- Select “Cancel Membership.”
- Select Your Cancellation Option
- Confirm Your Cancellation
- Receive Confirmation
1: Log in to Your Netflix Account
The first step is to sign in to your Netflix account in order to cancel your subscription there. You may do this by going to the Netflix website and clicking the “Sign In” button, which is found in the top-right corner of the screen. After successfully entering your email address and password, you will be sent to your account’s homepage.
2: Go to Account Settings
After successfully signing in, you will need to go to your account’s settings. To do so, go to the top-right corner of the screen and choose the “Account” button. Clicking this link will lead you to a website where you may change the account settings.
3: Select “Cancel Membership.”
There is a “Cancel Membership” option on the page where you control your account preferences. Just clicking on this button initiates the cancellation process.
4: Select Your Cancellation Option
When you click the “Cancel Membership” button, you will be sent to a screen where you may choose the kind of cancellation you wish to utilize. Users may terminate their Netflix memberships in two ways: “Finish Cancellation” or “Remind Me Later.”
If you choose “Finish Cancellation,” your Netflix subscription will be ended immediately and you will not be charged again. When you choose “Remind Me Later,” Netflix will send you an email reminder a few days before your next payment date. If you are unsure whether you want to cancel your membership entirely, this is an excellent option to explore.
5: Confirm Your Cancellation
You must confirm your cancellation after selecting a cancellation option. Yet, this is a critical step since canceling your Netflix account is permanent. If you are certain that you want to cancel, then click the “Complete Cancellation” button.
6: Receive Confirmation
When you have completed all of the necessary procedures to cancel your Netflix account, the business will send you a confirmation email. You will get an email soon confirming that your subscription has ended and that you will not be charged for the service again.
How to Cancel a Netflix Subscription on an iPhone or iPad
If you subscribed to Netflix by installing the iOS app on your iPhone or iPad, your Netflix account is most likely connected to your Apple ID. In this case, you’ll need to cancel the transaction using the Apple ID menu.
- To begin, open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, then hit your name at the top of the screen to personalize your settings.
- When the Apple ID menu appears, choose the “Subscriptions” option.
- Select Netflix from the list that displays, followed by Cancel Subscription from the drop-down option. Please confirm your decision.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription Via Google Play in Your Browser
If you established your Netflix account using Google Play, you must also use Google Play to cancel your subscription.
- To begin, go to the Google Play website and sign in.
- To access your profile, click the cog icon in the top-right corner of the page.
- In addition, choose Payments & Subscriptions from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the “Subscriptions” page to begin the unsubscribing procedure.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Subscription on a PC Using iTunes
You may also cancel your Netflix membership using iTunes.
- Choose Account from the main menu of the iTunes app, and then View My Account from the drop-down menu that displays.
- Moreover, scroll down until you reach the Settings section, then pick the Subscriptions section, and click the Manage icon on the right.
How to Cancel Your Netflix Membership using Your Android Phone or Tablet’s Google Play app
If you signed up for Netflix using one of the finest Android tablets, your Netflix account is probably tied to the Google account you use for Google services. If this is the case, you may terminate your account on your phone by following the procedures detailed below:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your mobile device, whether it’s a phone or a tablet.
- Tap the profile icon in the top right corner. The profile icon displays the image or initials you specified when you created your account.
- From the profile menu, choose Payments & Subscriptions.
- It is necessary to pick subscriptions.
- In addition, choose Netflix and then click Cancel Subscription.
- Please provide your cancellation confirmation.
How to Cancel a Netflix Subscription Using the Mobile App
You do not need to incorporate Google or Apple into your Netflix drama. On the other hand, you can do this by using the Netflix app for iOS or Android on your mobile device.
- To begin, you must sign in to your profile inside the app.
- Use the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the app to modify your profile.
- Select the Account option.
- Simply scroll to the bottom of the page and select Cancel Membership.
- When you cancel your subscription, Netflix will send you a confirmation request and notify you of the date your membership will be terminated.
Canceling your Netflix membership is a straightforward procedure that takes just a few minutes. Canceling your Netflix subscription is an excellent approach to regaining control of your finances and freeing up some time. Whether you want to save money or just don’t have the time to view as much stuff as you used to, this is a terrific way to achieve both of these objectives at the same time. If, on the other hand, you need to cancel your Netflix account, all you have to do is follow the six steps explained above, and you’ll be on your way to a life without Netflix in no time.