Consumers may watch movies, documentaries, and their favorite TV shows online due to a popular service called Netflix. Yet, due to licensing issues, various areas have access to different materials. As a result, it is conceivable that some titles may be unavailable in your country. Nevertheless, if you change the region of your Netflix account, you will be able to watch material from other countries. In this guide, we’ll show you step-by-step how to change your Netflix region.
How to Change Netflix Region
Here are the steps:
- Understand How Netflix Blocks Content by Region
- Sign up for a VPN
- Install the VPN software after downloading it.
- Connect to a Server in the Desired Country
- Log into Your Netflix Account
- Enjoy Streaming Content from a Different Region
1: Understand How Netflix Blocks Content by Region
Before changing the region with which your Netflix account is tied, learn about Netflix’s regional content blocking. Netflix tailors the content you see to your location based on the IP address you use. Any attempt to access information that is limited due to geographic location will result in an error. A VPN may be used to get around this restriction.
2: Sign Up for a VPN
A VPN, or Virtual Private Network, is a service that allows users to connect to the internet via a server that is situated in another area. It is feasible to mask your IP address and create the appearance that you are in another country.
There are several VPN services available, the majority of which require customers to pay a monthly membership fee. There are, however, free Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) that may be utilized; nevertheless, these VPNs may have speed and data usage constraints.
3: Install the VPN Software After Downloading it
When you’ve signed up for a VPN service, you’ll need to download and install the necessary software. The great majority of virtual private networks (VPNs) have simple user interfaces and are simple to set up. After the installation is finished, enable the VPN and log in using the credentials you were provided.
4: Connect to a Server in the Desired Country
When you’ve signed in, choose a server situated in the country of your choice to stream Netflix there. If you want to view a television program that is only available on Netflix UK, for example, you must connect to a server in the United Kingdom. After the selection of a server location, go to the next step by clicking the “Connect” button and waiting for the VPN to create a secure connection.
5: Log into Your Netflix Account
After the VPN has successfully created a secure connection, go to Netflix’s website and sign in with your credentials. If your connection to the VPN server is successful, you will be sent to the Netflix website for the country where the server is situated. If you connect to a server in the United Kingdom, for example, you will be sent to the Netflix UK website.
6: Enjoy Streaming Content from a Different Region
Congratulations! You may now access material that was previously inaccessible in your country but is now available to you since you were able to change your Netflix region.
You may now connect to the internet and view movies and documentaries that are shown on television in the country where the VPN server is situated. Keep in mind that in order to continue streaming video from that location, your VPN connection must be active at all times.
How to Change Netflix Region on iPhone
To access different Netflix libraries on your mobile device, you will need to fake your location by connecting to a virtual private network (VPN). Don’t worry; it won’t be as tough as it looks on the surface.
Here’s How to Change the Netflix Region on Your iPhone:
- Join a renowned virtual private network (VPN) that also includes an easy-to-use mobile app. It is strongly suggested that you use NordVPN.
- You may acquire your VPN software by downloading and installing it from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Sign in using the credentials supplied by your VPN provider.
- Connect to the Netflix server in the area that has the library you want to watch. To access Netflix US, for example, use a server located in the United States.
- After that, launch the Netflix app and you should be able to access the library you selected.
Remember that even if a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is compatible with the nation of your choosing, not all servers within that country will be. If you are having problems, the customer support staff at your VPN service may be able to assist you with troubleshooting.
How to Change Netflix Region on an Android Phone
You may access another country’s Netflix collection if you have an Android phone and a virtual private network (VPN). Also, it is really simple to set up.
Here’s how to change the region of Netflix on an Android phone:
- Sign up for the Virtual Private Network service of your choosing (choose one with a good Android app like NordVPN).
- You may get the VPN software by going to the Google Play Store on your Android phone and downloading it.
- After you’ve done installing the program, you’ll need to login in with your new VPN credentials.
- Select a server in the area that corresponds to the Netflix collection you wish to view. Connecting to a server in the United Kingdom, for example, is necessary in order to utilize Netflix UK.
- When you activate the Netflix app, you should be able to stream material from the library of your choice.
There are a lot of VPNs that work with Netflix; however, not all of them are compatible with every library, and even when they are, not every server will function. Netflix is always adding new restrictions, while VPN companies are constantly finding ways around them, much like a game of “cat and mouse.” As a result, it is probable that you will want help from your VPN’s customer care staff.
How to Change Netflix Region on PS4
Despite the fact that the PS4 does not support native VPN applications, there are a few methods to change the Netflix location on your PS4. One alternative is to utilize a virtual private network (VPN) router, which allows VPN access on any devices linked to it. Another, though time-consuming, method is to connect your game console to a personal computer that is already connected to a virtual private network via an Ethernet wire (VPN).
It’s probable that utilizing the ExpressVPN MediaStreamer is the simplest way to change the Netflix region on PS4. This is included with every ExpressVPN subscription and is a crucial consideration when choosing the best VPN.
The one big disadvantage of utilizing MediaStreamer is that it is a DNS service rather than a VPN. This means that the data is not encrypted, and as a consequence, your connection is not secure.
If you Want to Test MediaStreamer, Follow these Steps:
- Create an ExpressVPN account and make the appropriate payments. Go to the ExpressVPN website’s DNS configuration page.
- To register an IP address, go to the IP address registration page, click “Register my IP address,” and then choose “Automatically register my IP address” from the drop-down menu that displays.
- Enter the IP address of the DNS server that handles your MediaStreamer traffic on the ExpressVPN settings page.
- Go to Settings > Network > Set Up Internet Connection on your PlayStation 4.
- Choose Wi-Fi or a LAN cable from the “How do you want to connect to the network?” drop-down option. If you wish to keep your existing wifi settings, say “yes” when prompted.
- Choose Custom from the Custom drop-down option. Which form of Internet access do you prefer?
- Choose the WiFi network you wish to use, and then input the network password.
- Select your choices for IP Address Settings (automatic), DHCP Host Name (optional), and DNS Settings (manual). Following that, choose Primary DNS.
- After entering the IP address of your MediaStreamer DNS server (which you found in step 4), click the Done and Next buttons.
- Finally, for the MTU settings, choose “Automatic,” “Disable,” and “Test Internet Connection” for the Internet settings.
Please keep in mind that you must restart your PS4 after making any required modifications for these changes to take effect.
How to Change Netflix Region on Roku
There are a few different methods to change the Netflix region on Roku if you are willing to put in some work. Roku is another system that does not allow native VPN applications, but there are solutions if you are willing to put in the work.
Here’s how to change the region in which you watch Netflix on Roku:
- Set up a VPN router and link it to your Roku.
- Create a VPN-protected wifi hotspot on your laptop and link it to your Roku.
- Using a VPN-protected Android smartphone or tablet, screencast to the Roku.
More From Us:
Changing the region of your Netflix account may provide you access to material that isn’t available in your own country. You may hide your internet behavior and access Netflix from any place by using a virtual private network, or VPN.
Many Netflix members continue to use virtual private networks (VPNs), despite the fact that doing so violates the streaming service’s terms of service. This article will show you how to change your Netflix location and utilize all of the services that are available to you. With a little effort, you may find new episodes of television series, films, and documentaries.