If you’re looking to learn how to turn off active status on Instagram, you’ve come to the right place. Instagram’s active status feature lets your followers and friends know when you are currently active on the app. However, if you want to use the app without broadcasting your activity to others, you can turn off your active status.
In this guide, we will show you step-by-step how to turn off active status on Instagram. This feature can be useful if you want to use the app in private or take a break from social media altogether. By following these steps, you can maintain your privacy and have better control over your online presence.
What is the active status on Instagram
Active status on Instagram is a feature that allows your followers and friends to see when you are currently using the app. When your active status is turned on, a green dot will appear next to your profile picture, indicating that you are active and available to receive messages. Additionally, your followers and friends may see the timestamp of the last time you were active on the app.
This feature is intended to make it easier to communicate with others on Instagram in real time, but it may also compromise your privacy if you do not want others to know when you are using the app. Fortunately, Instagram provides an option to turn off your active status, which can help you maintain your privacy and control over your online presence.
What Happens When Active Status Is Disabled?
When you disable your Instagram active status, your followers and friends will no longer be able to see when you are using the app. This means that the green dot next to your profile photo that indicates you are active will vanish, and the timestamp of the last time you were active on the app will be hidden from others.
You may continue to use the app normally and send and receive messages and alerts, but you will not seem as active to other users. Turning off your active status allows you to protect your privacy while also giving you more flexibility over when and how you connect with people on the network.
How to turn off active status on Instagram | step by step guide
Sure! Here are the procedures for turning off your active status on Instagram for smartphones:
- Log in to your Instagram account by opening the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the profile symbol in the lower right corner of the screen to access your profile.
- To access the menu, tap the three horizontal lines in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose the “Settings” option.
- Scroll down to the “Privacy” section of the Settings menu and touch on “Activity Status.”
- To turn it off, slide the switch next to “Show Activity Status” to the left.
- A pop-up notice will display, requesting confirmation that you wish to switch off your active status. To confirm, press the “Turn Off” button.
- Your active status has now been disabled, and the green dot that shows when you are active is no longer visible to others.
That’s all! You have successfully disabled your Instagram active status for smartphones. You can reactivate it at any time by repeating the previous steps and toggling the switch back to the right.
- Go to Instagram’s website using your PC’s web browser.
- Please sign in to your account.
- To access your profile, click the profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Click the gear icon to the right of the “Edit Profile” button.
- “Select “Privacy and Security” from the drop-down menu.”
- Scroll down to the “Activity Status” area and turn it off by clicking the toggle button.
- A pop-up notice will display, requesting confirmation that you wish to switch off your active status. Click on “Turn Off” to confirm.
- “You have disabled your active status, and others cannot see the green dot that indicates you are active.”
The end! You have effectively turned off Instagram on your computer. You may activate it again at any time by following the same steps and clicking the switch again.
Can I disable Instagram’s active status for one person?
No, you cannot disable your active status on Instagram for just one person.
“Disabling your active status turns it off for all of your followers and friends, so they cannot see when you are using the app.”You cannot also disable your active status for certain followers or friends.
But, by following the instructions I mentioned previously, you may opt to conceal your activity status from everyone on the network. This might help you keep your privacy and control over your Instagram appearance.
Finally, Instagram’s active status” function may jeopardize your privacy by enabling others to observe when you use the program. You may, however, disable your “active” status by following the easy procedures outlined before. This protects your privacy and gives you greater control over your online presence when using the app.
Turning off your active status might help you reach your objectives, whether you want to take a vacation from social media or just use the app in private. Hence, to regain control of your online appearance, follow the instructions and switch off your active status on Instagram.