Are you finding yourself at odds with Instagram links that just refuse to work on your Android or iPhone? The centerpiece of our discussion today zeroes in on the elusive “Instagram link not working” problem, a common yet frustrating issue for many users. In the following text, we’re going to demystify this issue, laying out not one or two, but seven effective, easy-to-follow solutions to get you back to seamless browsing. So buckle up as we embark on this journey to regain control of your Instagram experience.
Instagram Link Not Working Issue Solution
Running into an error every time you tap a link can be exasperating, especially when the linked content is urgently needed. Below are some handy troubleshooting methods to fix the “Instagram link not working” issue on Android and iPhone devices.
Time needed: 3 minutes
- RESTART THE INSTAGRAM APP
Temporary app glitches can disrupt Instagram’s responsiveness, potentially inhibiting links from opening. This issue can often be resolved by simply force-closing and reopening the app.
- PURGE IN-APP BROWSER DATA
Instagram’s in-app browser accumulates cache and cookies, which may lead to problems if outdated or corrupt. Erasing this browser data could alleviate the issue.
- TRANSITION TO AN EXTERNAL BROWSER
If links remain unresponsive after clearing browsing data, shifting to an external browser like Chrome or Safari might be the way forward.
- ADJUST INSTAGRAM
If your Android device isn’t opening Instagram-specific links in the app due to previous restrictions, these can be adjusted to ensure the app opens supported links.
- LOG OUT AND BACK
Occasionally, glitches linked to your Instagram account may cause links to fail. Logging out and back in could potentially rectify this.
- ERASE INSTAGRAM APP CACHE
Instagram, like all apps, stores temporary files on Android devices for better performance. However, this cache can sometimes cause problems. Clearing it may improve the link functionality.
- UPGRADE OR REINSTALL
If the Instagram app itself is buggy, checking for updates or even reinstalling the app can be a suitable solution.
Details of these methods are in the given section:
Instagram Link Not Working Issue: Clear In-App Data
- Firstly, start by opening a link within the Instagram app.
- Tap the three vertical dots menu icon at the top-right corner.
- Select ‘Browser settings’.
- Hit the ‘Clear’ button next to ‘Browsing data’.
- Finally, confirm your action by selecting ‘Clear Browsing Data’.
Open Links in External Browser
- Open the Instagram app and tap on a link.
- Click on the three vertical dots menu icon at the top right corner.
- Choose the ‘Open in Chrome’ option to switch to an external browser.
Instagram Link Not Working Issue: Configure Instagram
- Long-press the Instagram app icon and tap the ‘i’ icon that appears.
- Select the ‘Set as default’ option.
- Enable the toggle next to ‘Open supported links’.
Sign out and Sign Back
- Firstly, open the Instagram app and navigate to your profile tab.
- Tap the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner and select ‘Settings’.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Log out’.
- Finally, after restarting the Instagram app, sign back into your account and check if the links are functioning properly.
If this does not resolve the error, then you can try clearing the Instagram cache using the below methods.
- Long-press the Instagram app icon and tap the ‘i’ info icon.
- Navigate to ‘Storage’ and tap ‘Clear cache’.
Update or Reinstall the App
- Go to the Play Store or App Store and check if a newer version of Instagram is available.
- If the issue persists even after updating, uninstall the Instagram app.
- To reinstall, return to the Play Store or App Store and download the Instagram app again.
More from us:
- Effective Solutions to Fix ‘Spotify No Internet Connection Error
- Unraveling “SOS Only” on iPhone: Causes and Quick Fixes
Sudden malfunctioning of Instagram links can be a hassle. Rather than resorting to copying and pasting links manually into your device’s browser, apply these fixes to tackle the root of the problem. With these in place, your Instagram link-clicking experience should be back on track in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instagram links may not open due to a variety of reasons such as temporary glitches in the app, problems with your Instagram account, and outdated or corrupted browser data.
Yes, updating the Instagram app can potentially solve link-related problems. If there’s a bug in the existing version of the app, an update could fix it.
Once the old data is cleared, Instagram can create new, uncorrupted data which might allow links to open correctly.
Yes, if Instagram links are not opening in the in-app browser, they can usually be opened in an external browser such as Chrome or Safari.
If Instagram links still don’t open despite trying all these fixes, it may be a more complex issue. You might need to contact Instagram’s support team for further assistance.