The Roku digital media player has swiftly climbed the popularity ladder in many households, offering an easy and efficient way to enjoy films, series, and more. For gaming enthusiasts, Roku even opened the doors to “roku Twitch”, offering an access key to Twitch, the streaming powerhouse. While this was an exciting opportunity, Twitch abruptly withdrew its official app from the Roku channel list.
The exit of the official Twitch channel from Roku left many users in the lurch. But like a digital phoenix, TWOKU emerged as a promising alternative to add Twitch to Roku devices.
How to Add Twoku?
Time needed: 2 minutes
- Embark on a Roku Adventure
Like a seasoned explorer, you’ll navigate through a digital jungle, setting your sights on the promising ‘Add channel with a code’ link.
- The Portal of Possibilities
Click on the ‘Add channel with a code’ link on the accounts page and prepare to enter the magic words that will open the doors to new entertainment realms.
- Speak the Magic Words
In the dialogue box that appears, akin to a magical inscription, enter the enchanting codes “TWOKU” or “C6ZVZD”. These magical phrases serve as the key to unlock the vast world of Twitch on your Roku device.
- Summon the New Channel
Once the magical words are in place, proceed with conviction and select ‘Add channel’.
- A Necessary Precaution
Simply read the messages, like the cautionary tales in an old treasure map, and press ‘Ok’.
- The Final Confirmation
Lastly, seal your commitment to your Roku adventure. Click ‘Yes, add channel’, echoing your determination.
Once you successfully add TWOKU, a system update is needed:
- Firstly, from your Roku home screen, go to ‘Settings’.
- Proceed to ‘System’, then select ‘System update’.
- Click on ‘Check now’.
- Finally, the TWOKU channel should appear on your home screen after the device updates.
Reviving the Twitch Channel on Roku
Roku users who had the official Twitch channel prior to its removal can still resurrect it.
- Go to your Roku device’s account settings page and sign in.
- Navigate to ‘Add Channel’.
- In the text box, type “twitchtv”.
- Select ‘Add channel’.
- After the warning message pops up, choose ‘Ok’.
- Add the channel to your Roku device.
To make the channel functional, an update is required:
- Firstly, navigate to ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘System’.
- Select ‘System update’ and click on ‘Check now’.
- Wait for the device to update and return to the home screen.
- Finally, the Twitch channel should now be available at the bottom of your channel list.
Add Twitch on Roku Via PC
- Navigate to the Roku website and sign in to your account. It’s like stepping into a portal that connects your PC and Roku device.
- Click on the ‘Add channel with a code’ link, a secret door to expanding your Roku channel list.
- Type in the magical code ‘twitchtv’ or ‘TWOKU’, depending on the needs of your device.
- Confirm by clicking ‘Yes, add channel’, like agreeing to a digital pact that brings the Twitch universe closer to you.
- Update your Roku device to unveil the added channel, much like an explorer discovering a new land.
Embracing Screen Mirroring with Android
Roku has supported screen mirroring from Android devices for a long time. This method lets you watch Twitch streams without any concerns.
- Firstly, log in to your Twitch account.
- On the Twitch app, select the stream you wish to watch.
- Search for a ‘Smart View’ or ‘Screen Cast’ option on your Android device.
- Select your Roku device for casting Twitch.
- Finally, permit the Android device to cast video on your TV via your Roku device.
To ease the process, you can even permit the Android device to cast streams on the TV permanently, skipping the fourth step. For this, you need to enable screen mirroring on Roku:
- Head to ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘System’ and then ‘Screen mirroring’.
- Select ‘Always allow’ for the ‘Screen mirroring mode’.
Twitch on Roku by PC Screen Mirroring
- Open your preferred web browser, press ‘Windows Key + A’, and behold the Quick Actions menu popping up like a conjurer’s surprise.
- Select ‘Cast’ or ‘Project’. If these options play hide and seek, click on the pencil icon and add them to the Quick Actions menu.
- Once ‘Cast’ is selected, choose your Roku device, like picking a stage for your upcoming Twitch show.
- Connect to your Roku box, creating a digital bridge between your PC and Roku.
- Permit your PC to project Twitch streams onto your Roku box. With this, you’re all set to enjoy Twitch on the big screen.
More from us:
- Steam Won’t Open – A Guide to Getting Back In the Game
- Confronting the ‘Challenge Required’ Instagram Error: A Brief Guide
Congratulations, brave digital explorers! You’ve unraveled the secrets of streaming Twitch on your Roku device. With a bit of tenacity and digital savvy, you’ve turned the tide, bringing the thrilling world of Twitch right onto your Roku channel list. Let this be a testament to your adaptability, showing that even when official avenues close, alternative paths can still lead to your desired destination.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Though Twitch pulled its official Roku app, you can still access it via TWOKU or reinstate the old app if you had it previously.
TWOKU isn’t a verified app and comes with risks. Roku might restrict your device if it determines you broke its terms and conditions.
Yes, you can! Both Android devices and PCs offer screen mirroring capabilities to Roku devices, enabling you to watch Twitch.
No, not all Roku devices support screen mirroring. It’s advisable to check your device’s specifications.
Make sure to update your Roku system. After the update, the new channel should appear at the bottom of your channel list.